Pages

6/21/13

7 Days and counting

Move day is getting WAY TO CLOSE! So far I have taken the advice of this pinterest funny:
So many friends have said they would help me in ANY WAY. So I set up a schedule and starting Saturday...have lot's of people coming to help pack and clean my house.
 
I've had to take one day at a time so as not to get myself to worked up about everything there is to do. So far I have:
1. Sold the house - that meant several open houses, making flyers, putting up signs for said open houses, FSBO signs, set up a blog www.621steeplechase.blogstpot.com, put ads on craigslist, zillow, owners.com, hotpads, etc, etc.


 
2. Found a buyer without a realtor (another miracle) but doing all the odds and ends added to my STRESS!
3. Applied for numerous jobs in Valley...which meant filling out A LOT of applications since there are so many school districts.
4. Was offered 2 different jobs, but decided on Legacy Traditional in Gilbert because of the Health/PE emphasis (my bachelor's in Health Ed) and the boys can finally go to the same school as me!!!
5. Finished my school year June 14 and packed up my classroom in record time
6. Cleaned clutter and unused itesm out all cupboards and drawers
7. Had not 1, but 2 garage sales! Remind me how much I hate garage sales next time I THINK about doing one!
8. Hunted down BOXES by diving in dumpsters, begging stores to save them for me, hunted in the trash at school...then had 2 recent neighbors move and offer me ALL their wonderful boxes:-)
9. Shop around for a moving company, finally found the best deal with upack.com
10. Arranged to have the piano moved carefully into moving trailer
11. Searched the internet for a rental, trying to get a short term contract was a nightmare. Finally realized we could do a month to month vacation rental the is FULLY FURNISHED PEEPS! That means I don't have to unpack anything but our clothes because we are trying to buy a house soon.
12. Search the MLS for resale home, look at new homes floorplans on internet, travel to Valley twice to look at homes, still waiting for the PERFECT house. Think we found it at Fulton Freeman Farms.