Pages

5/18/14

School's Out

This year has been FULL of changes in our lives. Just last February, we were in the Reno airport flying down to Arizona for Danielle's wedding. When we began checking our baggage in and Tim couldn't remember where his ID was, I knew something wasn't right. After 2 trips to the hospital over the next 2 days, we finally found out Tim had a stroke. It was caused by the damage to his blood vessels when he had radiation for his brain tumor. Making a LONG story short, we made it to Danielle's wedding and it was the start of our move to Arizona.

I know the Lord prepared a way for us to be here, but truthfully many days I wonder why. I thought it would be so much easier and we would have so much more help here from family and friends. Yet many things I just have to do on my own. Things like setting up all new doctors, dealing with new job, house, medical insurance, schools, finding rental, then buying a house. It's OVERWHELMING! On top of it all, I was in the final stages of my Master's degree...which I can proudly say is done. But taking 3 classes for my Az teaching license and finishing and defending my thesis was pure insanity. At school, nobody even congratulated me on finishing my thesis. In fact I got a scathing email basically telling me to rearrange my defense because it was the same day as the school carnival. This weekend is also bittersweet because I'm not in Reno to attend my graduation and celebrate with all the friends I attended college with for so many years. I know that's not what's important, but it makes me sad. So I've got to pull it together, move on, and try to figure out why I'm supposed to be in Arizona. Here are some quotes I found some time ago...and I love quotes so wanted to post so I'd remember the small things are just small things.