Pages

4/28/15

Josh Harden...We will miss you!

To all, thank you in advance for all your prayers and considerations. I feel very blessed to have such great friends and family helping me get through this. 

First of all, I wouldn't  wish this journey I am on on any of you. Several of you know first hand how terrible this disease can be and how painful it is to go through. It is a tough struggle every day just dealing through the pain but I will not let any of that hold me down.  

Just a little background for those of you who do not know, at the end of December I developed a very small marble sized knot on the left side of my neck. I thought I might have slept on it wrong and figured it would just go away at some point.  It turned out to be a very rare, very aggressive sarcoma cancer. In 30 days it went from nothing to 10 inches long and 7 inches wide. The pain was so bad I finally had to leave work which bugged me more than anything. 

The biggest lesson I learned here is that family and friends matter a whole lot while dealing with this process. I was blown away by the support I received from each and every one of you while I was in the hospital going through my first set of Chemo. Thank you,  you guys truly are amazing and helped me through a lot of the tough days.  I have had many prayers coming at me from almost every religion on the planet and they must be working because I am now at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. This is the number one cancer center in the country and I feel so blessed to have made it out to this place.  The staff is amazing and so supportive and all about getting people better.  I will be back there on the course soon as I will not let this disease prevent me from doing what I love and what makes me happy. I miss and love all of you and I thank you for your support!

Hit em Straight 

Josh Harden